January 26 - Parish Council Minutes

 Minutes of Carlby Parish Council (CPC) meeting held via a zoom link on Tuesday, 26 January 2021 at 19:30

Agenda

20/21-105 Chairman Welcome. 

Cllr. John Bavister (JB) opened the meeting and welcomed all those present.  It was with much regret that he had accepted the resignation of Cllr. Isobel Robson due to her house move out of the Parish.  The Parish Council would like to thank Isobel for her invaluable service to the parish council and wishes her well for the future.   A vacancy notice has been issued by SKDC for the Parish Council seat; if no candidates come forward co-option can take place after 8 February 2021.    

20/21-106 Open Forum

for members of the public dialled in.  There were none.

20/21-107 Record of members

who have dialled in via zoom. Cllrs. John Bavister-Chair, Vice-Chair: Steve Markham, Ian Dair, Benjamin Haines, Angela Cardew, Pete Holland, LCC Cllr. Bob Adams, Parish Clerk Sarah Gresty and  no members of the public.

20/21-108 To Note apologies for absence. There were none.

20/21-109 Councillors to declare Declarations of Pecuniary interests. There were none.

To approve Minutes. 

20/21-110 Parish Council Meeting Minutes of 24 November 2020 as a true and accurate record.

Voting Procedure    P=proposer S=Seconder  F=For  A=Against  AB=Abstain

JB

SM

ID

AC

BH

PH

P

S

F

F

F

F

                       

RESOLVED

 

 

20/21-111 To receive reports from District and County Councillors and the Police.

Cllr Bob Adams gave a report:

  1. Outlined County and District finances
  2. Budget proposals presently being discussed and meeting any deficit from reserves.
  3. Loss of income from arts, carparks and leisure to be absorbed by SKDC reserves
  4. Local business grants in the region of 30million have been provided
  5. Unitary authority negotiations are continuing but will be a lengthy process.
  6. Government gearing up for Elections this May for Police Commissioning, County & District & Parishes.   However, with the pressure of Covid-19 social distance restrictions, this may prove unworkable.
  7. County highways - Major problems this winter with flooding and frost, causing severe deterioration of road surfaces.

Response:  Cllr. JB asked if council tax increases were known.  Cllr. Adams replied that District was set at £5 increase for band D, County Council  1.99%  increase, the Police – not yet known

Cllr. SM expressed concerns regarding a response form SKDC about a verge on a footpath, inaccessible for a resident with a mobility scooter

Cllr. SM also reported the need to clean the gullies in High Street between Manor Road and The Avenue as water was continually collecting at this point, causing a danger to road users.  These items had been reported on Fix My Street.

 

Financial matters

20/21-112 Acceptance of Clerk’s Financial Report for the period 01 April 2020 to 31 December 2020 closing bank statement.

JB

SM

ID

AC

BH

PH

P

S

F

F

F

F

                       

RESOLVED

 

 

20/21-113 Budget and Precept Request for the year 2021/22.  Proposed not to increase the precept for 2021/22 and to remain at £8469 as per 2020/21.

JB

SM

ID

AC

BH

PH

P

S

F

F

F

F

                       

RESOLVED

 

 

Action: Clerk to submit the precept request to SKDC of £8469

Payments as follows:

20/21-114 S Gresty Clerk salary Qtr. 3 £881.51 - already paid

20/21-115 Community Heartbeat pads and safety kit £60.00 – already paid

JB

SM

ID

AC

BH

PH

P

S

F

F

F

F

                       

RESOLVED

 

 

20/21-116 Playing fields update

a)Proposed to pay a retrospective grant FY2020/21 to the Playing Field trustees of a maximum under s.137 of £2194.

JB

SM

ID

AC

BH

PH

P

F

F

AB

S

F

                       

RESOLVED

 

 

Cllr. AC reported that a meeting was due to take place imminently with the playing fields committee.

Action:  All Cllrs to read and comment on the circulated ‘Memorandum of Grant’ the proposed understanding between the CPC and the playing field committee grant procedure, further discussion should take place to evolve a Grants policy using Cllr. Dair’s proposals as a starting point.

Action: Agenda item for March meeting. If a proposal of a policy has been achieved

 

20/21-117 Planning:   To Note the following applications:

S20/2202 Application: Proposed Erection of single storey side extension, landscaping and internal alterations. Location: 20 High Street, Carlby, PE9 4LX.  After discussion and site of the plans no comments against this applications were forthcoming.

Action:  Cllr. JB would ask the neighbouring property owner if they had been notified of this planning and had any comments to make.

Cllr. Bob Adams to find the total number of planning applications received by SKDC in a year.

 

20/21-118 Mobile Post Office

Clerk reported that there was a possibility of the Morton mobile post office visiting the village.  Clerk to keep CPC informed of developments.

 

20/21-119 Councillor Email address’

Clerk’s recommendation for all Parish Councillors to have separate email address for use only for parish council business.

Action:   Cllr. BH would research alternatives and report back at the next meeting.

 

20/21-120 Conservation Area update

Cllrs ID had a disappointing response from Patricia Craggs, SKDC Interim Principal Conservation Officer.  Cllr. Adams would take this forward.

Cllr ID had started a project of mapping the dry stone walls in the village, this is being hampered at present with Covid-19 restriction as some of the wall is hidden in private gardens

20/21-121 Correspondence received since last meeting were noted from the agenda.

20/21-122 Items for future meetings

  1. Dog fouling.  Bins allowing dog waste are positioned at in the village 1 x bus shelter, 1 x post box & 1 x village hall
  2. Cllr. PH volunteered to check the village assets on a regular basis.   Action: Clerk to forward check list previously used by Cllr. IR
  3. Mailchimp newsletter

20/21-123 Date of next Parish Council meetings

2021: Mar 23,  May 25, July 27, Sept 28,

Village Annual Parish meeting 4 May

 

 

Meeting closed at 21: 12